From plot holder Simone Wilkie. Simone combinated recipes from Nigella Lawson, BBC Good Food, and Whole Wheat or Bust.
- 1 medium courgette
- Large onion, chopped
- clove of garlic, crushed
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Cayenne pepper and seasoning
- 2 eggs
- Sifted plain flour (maybe 100g?) You can mix white and whole wheat
- Julienne the courgette (or coarsely grate), sprinkle with salt and leave to drain in a sieve for about 20 mins.
Mix with onion and garlic.
- Season with cayenne pepper and mix thoroughly with chopped parsley.
- Beat the eggs in with the sieved flour and combine all ingredients together.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and drop tablespoons of mixture into it, flatten slightly.
- Fry on both sides
Note: needs to be cooked quite well to get through to the middle.