This is from the Everyday Ayurveda Cookbook by Kate O’Donnell
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup grated courgette
- 4-5 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Butter/ghee for cooking
Makes 2 largish dosas or 4 small ones depending on pan size.
- In a mixing bowl mix salt with flour, then slowly blend in water until it has consistency of pancake batter (I found an egg whisk worked best). Stir in grated courgette.
- Warm a a large ceramic nonstick skillet/frying pan over medium to high heat. Flick a few drops of water on the pan and when it sizzles the pan is ready. No oiling or butter at this point…
- Pour some batter into pan and spread it in circles with back of large spoon until dosa is fairly thin. Sprinkle some of the coriander evenly on top.
- When pancake begins to look dry on top drizzle about 1/2 to 1 tsp of butter/ghee over the top. I put a bit on the slice utensil I was using to make sure I could easily get under the dosa too but it didn’t seem to stick to pan. Check to see if bottom is browning and then flip over so both sides get brown. It takes a bit of practice but I found second go worked fabulously. I had it with a bean and veg Stew.