From plot holder Cathy Kiddle.
- cooked beetroot
- cheese sauce
- gratin topping ie. crumbs, seasoning etc. (optional)
- Cook the beetroot in boiling water until it is tender, then peel and cut into chunks.
- While the beetroot is cooking, prepare a white sauce and add grated cheese to it.
- Put the beetroot chunks into an ovenproof dish and pour the sauce over it.
- Add gratin topping if you wish.
- Put into a medium oven and cook for 20 minutes or so.
It’s a delicious, sweet, pink, hot veg. dish.